Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pokémon & Praise

I really love when the kids play Pokémon . It makes me smile wide, inside and outside. First off, it reminds me of Matt. Okay, that's the main reason!! Haha. But secondly, to me playing and liking Pokémon represents child-like faith and simplicity. Jut getting lost in something simple. Being a kid. Playing like a kid. Imagining like a kid. Going on an adventure like a kid. Having fun! Child-like faith and joy.

I love watching the kids as they run around outside. One kid being Pikachu, another being Squirtle. Whenever they starting talking about Pokémon I always tell them, "I wish my boyfriend Matt was here. He loves Pokémon and would love to talk to you about it!"

Another thing I really love, even more, is when the kids talk about Heaven! I've smiled widely listeing to them talk about this multiple times.

"When we got to Heaven we all become angels."
"No," (I said,) "We don't become angels. Angels are separate. I don't know exactly what we are like in Heaven, but I'm guessing we are like Jesus after He rose from the dead. A Spirit and a body. Still able to eat food, but maybe able to go through walls? We don't know exactly what we'll be like, but we do know we will be filled with joy. There will be no tears, no pain, nothing bad."
"Ya." (huge adorable smile) "We will be happy!"
"I think in Heaven I will probably play games." (cute dreamy smile)
"Yes, I think you're right. You probably will."
"If my soul remembers it, I bet I will probably play Pokémon in Heaven."
"Yes, I really bet you will." :D


One day as I was bringing the kids to a Red Hawks baseball game, I was singing to the music, smiling wide, thinking, "Driving a van full of kids, hearing half of them singing sweetly and innocently to the Christian music on the radio and hearing half of them talking excitedly about Pokémon, it doesn't get better than this." :D :D :D





Mark 10
The Little Children and Jesus
13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.
-Mark 10: 13-16

3 comments:

  1. :D I love this! Today, I ran into the youngest of the three kids I nannied for three summers and who I had known since they were all born. He threw his bike down and ran to me screaming my name and he gave me a big hug. Children amaze me and inspire me...and often I feel more comfortable around them than anyone. Their joy and wonder and innocence is so compelling, endearing, and contagious! Thank you for sharing this Abby! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this a lot. Kids are so cute sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete