Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wrapped in His grace

Today I am overwhelmed.



By His Love.



His Mercy.




His Arms.



I feel wrapped. Wrapped in Love.




...

Though anxiety keeps trying to well up inside me, keeps trying to consume and fill me,

When I think of His love and mercy, my body grows limp. My heart melts. I feel warm inside.
And I smile.




How could He, the Lord above all Lords, love me??
Love me??


...And like this???!!!







Jesus died for me.
Bled.
Broke.
Was filled with pain and unspeakable suffering.


For me.

An anxious mess.
Who messes up every day.
Who deserves death.






.. And if that wasn't enough, He still wants to pour out blessings on me every day.
Like a Father, He wraps me in His arms.
Carries me.
It is His delight to help me.
With every little thing.


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the Heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love 5 He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that He lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in Heaven and on earth under Christ."
-Ephesians 1:3-10







This week I have/had three very difficult psychology tests, one paper, lots of Statistics homework, and other studying to do. For me this is hard. I would rather be lying at His feet. Praying and singing. That is all I feel like doing at the moment. I feel like thanking Him. And I also have a strong desire to witness. Share His Word and Love.


But He wants to help me. Even though this trial is so tiny and unimportant compared to Him and His love, He wants me to trust Him. To let Him do the impossible.


Though I become filled with anxiety when I try to do homework and study, though I hate studying instead of talking with others about Him or going to events, He says, "Trust Me."


He wants to help me with this. I can't do it on my own, but with Him I can do all things! Even though studying is often a huge trial for me, He has been faithful before and He'll be faithful again!


...

Yesterday I was not feeling well. Anxiety tried to consume me. I was not able to focus or study. But I kept praying and listening to Christian music. I kept fighting the anxiety with prayer. Even though I couldn't study, I trusted He would help me. I trusted Him with the impossible.

Today as I woke up, got ready, and took my first test, I was overwhelmed by His great love and mercy. By His grace!!! By how much bigger His love and mercy is than anything. By how small my problems are, but by how great His love is. That He would care for me like a Father who not only wants to, but delights in, helping His daughter with all things, even silly college tests...


Taking the test, songs of praise were going through my head. Songs about His grace. I was smiling. Unbelievably filled with peace. And joy. And He helped me a lot...


Today He already placed people there for me to witness to. When I wasn't even expecting it! I was too filled with peace to care, but that's when He knew I was ready. He is brilliant. His plans are so much better than mine!! I don't know why I ever doubt. Why I ever lose trust...



His mercy is too great.
That He could forgive my selfish heart.


His faithfulness is forever.



Nothing compares to His love.



















"Your love is Amazing
Steady and Unchanging
Your love is a Mountain
Firm beneath my feet

Your love is a Mystery
How You gently lift me
When I am surrounded
Your love carries me


Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah
Your Love makes me sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah
Your Love makes me sing

Your love is Surprising
I can feel it rising
All the joy that's growing
Deep inside of me
And every time I see You
All Your goodness shines through
And I can feel this God song
Rising up in me



Your love makes me sing
Your love makes me sing, sing, sing
Your love makes me sing"

No comments:

Post a Comment