Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lifesong.










I want my life to be an offering. An offering of praises to Your name. Honest praises from my heart. Of Your everlasting faithfulness and goodness. Of the little things You do for me every day. Of the hope I have in You. The promise I have in You. Of Your Love. Grace. And promise of Heaven. I want my lifesong to sing to You.



You ask me to die to myself. This is so hard for me. My flesh and selfish heart fight back at all times. I need You to help me do it. I need Your strength badly. But I have faith that Your strength is always more than enough to help me with all things. I want to carry my cross for You.





"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
-Hebrews 13:15-16






"Then He called the crowd to Him along with His disciples and said, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.'"
-Mark 8:34-35














"LORD, I give my life. A Living sacrifice. To reach a world in need. To be Your hands and feet. So may the words I say. And the things I do. Make my lifesong sing. Bring a smile to You."







Italic
"Everything I once held dear, I count it all as lost. Lead me to the cross. Where Your love poured out. Bring me to my knees. Lord, I lay me down. Rid me of myself. I belong to You. Lead me. Lead me to the cross."








" 25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. 'Teacher,' he asked, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life?'

26 'What is written in the Law?' He replied. 'How do you read it?'

27 He answered, “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 'You have answered correctly,' Jesus replied. 'Do this and you will live.'"

-Luke 10:25-28

No comments:

Post a Comment