Monday, March 21, 2011

Burn away the pride

I feel deeply saddened. I have been blind for so long. Blind to how much I have been living with a horrible, deadly sin. Blind to how many areas of my life I have allowed this sin to enter. Blind to how much I have let this sin affect how I think, what I say, and how I act...

Yesterday I went to a prayer/worship event. I was surrounded by elders. People overflowing with PASSION for Jesus. People filled with, even drunk from the Spirit. People filled with shouts for the Lord, prophesy, words from Him, people letting the Spirit control their every limb. It was intense. Something words can't describe.

God was working there. A lot. A lot more than I can comprehend. And He was working everywhere on behalf of the prayers prayed to Him from that place.

Lately the Lord has been slowly bringing to my awareness something very painful. Something that's been so hard for me to see: my pride. And yesterday in that room where the Holy Spirit was ever so present, the Lord opened my eyes.

I am so very very very very prideful. It is disgusting. And I am continuing to realize, as I am now seeing clearly, no longer as blind as before, just how many areas I have allowed this pride to enter. So many areas!!!

This conviction is very very painful. I am deeply saddened over how much I have hurt others and mostly how much I have hurt God with this sin!!! But I thank the Lord from the bottom of my heart for opening my eyes. Filling me with conviction, pain, sadness, and mostly more compassion and love for all.

Thank You God.


"Burn away the pride. Bring me to my weakness. 'Til everything I hide behind is gone. And when I'm open wide with nothing left to cling to, only You are there to lead me on. 'Cause honestly, I'm not that strong..."

No comments:

Post a Comment