Friday, April 14, 2006

stressed about time

Fri April 14, 2006 (continued)

“I am not the average female freshman. I’m shy and quiet. I’m a huge thinker---I never stop thinking. I have different values than most of them as well. I try super hard in skool to get good grades and I’m in some really hard classes. High school is hard. I get very stressed and worried a lot. My biggest problem that I let overpower my life is not having enough time. That is something I struggle with every second of every day. I am a very hard worker and never let myself relax. I do not see myself as lazy whatsoever. I try very hard to be a kind and helpful person. Sometimes my stress over time gets in the way of that though.”







A few more hours is all that I need


Seems that there just enough days in the week


But then it hits me
:

Time is not the answer


You've given me all the time in the world





All that I need is..
.

A little more Life in my day

A little more of Your Life


A little more faith



Need a little more Life in my day


A little more Life to show me the way


If I'm gonna be in the world but not be of it


Lord I need more of You in all that I do


With a little more Life in my day"




-"Life In My Day" by NewSong





"Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest."
-Luke 12:25-26



Time is something that gets to us so easily! I still struggle with not wanting to waste any time. I guess the biggest problem I have is constantly wanting to and trying to do too much at once. I am also too perfectionistic, so everything often takes me about seven times longer than it takes everybody else. But I have definitely learned to relax this year. I am so thankful for the wonderful examples I have found in my new Christian friends! Even if I wouldn't have joined LCM, I was already well on mend. I am way more relaxed today than I ever thought I would be, and it is amazing!

God really can change us if we believe He will.




No comments:

Post a Comment